Creamy Bacon Sauce Recipe
Several people have been asking for the recipe for the creamy bacon sauce that I used on the Italian meatballs I recently made. I posted the photo online, and so many people seemed to enjoy my dish. So I figured I should share how to make the sauce with all of you.
- Bacon – I recommend a nice thick-cut, cured, and smoked bacon with a moderate amount of fat.
- Shallots – This will give the heavy cream a savory aroma. Red onions are a suitable substitute.
- Heavy cream – Be sure to use heavy cream as it has the necessary fat content to create a good base for the sauce. It withstands prolonged simmering and absorbs the flavors from the recipe beautifully.
- Salt & black pepper, red pepper flakes, and parsley. Alternatively, consider adding scallions.
Creamy bacon sauce. Multi-Purpose Bacon Cream Sauce that is the perfect companion for Pasta, Steak, Chicken, Scallops & More.
Yield: 4 servings
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 6 oz thick-cut bacon
- Two shallots, finely diced
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 2 tbsp grated Parmesan (adjust to taste)
- add salt and pepper to taste
- Add red pepper flakes to taste (optional)
- Add finely chopped parsley to taste (optional)
How to Make it:
Air-fry bacon at 390 degrees for 17 minutes or until crispy. Remove to a paper towel-lined plate and set aside.
Spoon out about a teaspoon of the bacon fat into a sautee pan. Sauté the diced shallots until softened and the scallions if you added them. Add the heavy cream, and bring to a simmer (adjust heat to low or medium-low as necessary. You should see gentle bubbles, do not allow the cream to boil, though). Simmer for about 5 minutes, then add freshly grated Parmesan and gently stir it in. Simmer a bit longer until the sauce thickens to your desired consistency. You can add a little bit of water to thin it out if needed. Season liberally with salt and pepper to offset the sweetness of the cream (taste). Crush the crisp bacon with your hands, folding it into the sauce. Let it cook for another minute with the bacon mixed in to absorb the smokey flavor. Serve immediately over your favorite protein or pasta. Sprinkle with red pepper flakes and parsley to taste if you desire.
Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 370 Total Fat: 32g Saturated Fat: 16gTrans Fat: 1g Unsaturated Fat: 12g Cholesterol: 112mg Sodium: 862mg Carbohydrates: 7g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 4g Protein: 18g
If you decide to try this creamy bacon sauce recipe, let us know what you think in the comments.